2021 UC Davis Tahoe Science Center Tours
Ready to explore again? We are excited to welcome you back to the UC Davis Tahoe Science Center!
Dive into Lake Tahoe's only science center. Tours of the UC Davis Tahoe Science Center are approximately one hour long for curious visitors to enjoy hands-on activities, learn about the lake ecosystem and why it's changing, and find out how you can help keep Tahoe blue.
Tours are customized based on your group's areas of interest. We will answer questions such as:
- How Lake Tahoe was formed?
- Why is it so blue?
- Who lives in Lake Tahoe?
- How is Lake Tahoe changing?
Discover the world-class research conducted at Lake Tahoe by stepping aboard the UC Davis research vessel. Visit the different aquatic species that live in Lake Tahoe. View the award-winning 3D film Lake Tahoe in Depth. Curious to learn more?
Here are a few things you can expect for your visit:
FOR OUR COMMUNITY'S SAFETY PLEASE READ THESE PROTOCOLS CAREFULLY BEFORE SCHEDULING YOUR VISIT:
1. Advanced tickets required with health screening. No walk-ins allowed. Please be sure to book your visit before arriving.
2. Please review the daily symptom survey before arriving. If anyone says "yes" to two or more symptoms on the list, please say "no" to visiting.
3. Reduced capacity to a party size of 15 persons maximum: household groups only; Science center tours recommended for ages 8 and up.
4. Please wash hands upon entry. All touched surfaces will be sanitized by TERC staff before and after your visit.
5. Please plan on wearing a mask if you are unvaccinated. Masks are available in the lobby and available upon request.
6. Six feet of distance must be maintained between staff and visitors at all times.
7. Please use hand sanitizer before touching exhibits.
8. Make sure to review these rules with any children in your group so they will be prepared as well.
Offered By: UC Davis Tahoe Science Center
Categories: entertainment, tours
Leave a comment if you have a review or feedback.