Lake Tahoe Music Festival 2017 Sunset Serenades Concert Series
Outdoor classical music in spectacular settings around the Lake and Truckee. Join us as the Lake Tahoe Music Festival 20-Piece Academy Orchestra and soloists present a 5-day concert series.
The Lake Tahoe Music Festival's 20-piece Academy Orchestra presents a 5-day concert series at intimate outdoor settings on the west shore of Lake Tahoe, Tahoe City and Truckee.
2017 Concert Dates are as follows:
- Tuesday, August 15, Sugar Pine Point State Park, Tahoma. Classical music at Sugar Pine Point State Park on Lake Tahoe’s quiet west shore. Bring a picnic, a blanket or low backed chair, and watch the sun set as our Academy Orchestra performs a Mozart violin concerto for string quartet and orchestra, plus Haydn Symphony 91. The evening will feature performances by violinist Michael Sutton from the Minnesota Orchestra and Amaranth, an all-female string quartet from San Francisco. Gate opens at 5pm - concert begins at 6pm Tickets $25, children under 12 Free. $10/car parking fee administered by the State Park (carpool). Located on Hwy 89, South of Tahoma.
- Wednesday, August 16, Tahoe Maritime Museum, Tahoe City. Bring your children to a rehearsal of the Lake Tahoe Music Festival Academy Orchestra, and watch conductor Timm Rolek organize different instruments and musicians into a harmonious and coordinated musical presentation. Also enjoy music provided by young students from the Tahoe Truckee School of Music and the Tahoe Truckee Youth Music Program. The dancers from the Lake Tahoe Dance Collective will also be there preview the music they will be performing to later in the week. Come early and enjoy touring the Tahoe Maritime Museum. This FREE event is designed to give young families and children a peak into the world of an Orchestra. Rehearsal starts at 4pm. Located at 401 W Lake Blvd., Tahoe City, CA 96145.
- Thursday, August 17, West Shore Cafe, Homewood. The lawn next to West Shore Café is the perfect setting to listen to classical music and enjoy the sunset. Maestro Timm Rolek will lead the Academy Orchestra in a Schubert rondo for violin and quartet, and a new piece by Truckee composer David Nelson. The performance will feature soloist, Michael Sutton, violinist from the Minnesota Orchestra and Amaranth, an all-female string quartet from San Francisco. West Shore Café will have barbeque for purchase or bring a picnic and of course the low backed chair. Gate opens at 5pm - concert begins at 6pm. Tickets $25, children under 12 Free. Located at 5160 W Lake Blvd., Homewood, CA 96141.
- Friday, August 18, Donner Lake, Truckee. Lake Tahoe Music Festival returns to Truckee and West End Beach at the edge of beautiful Donner Lake. The Academy Orchestra will perform Beethoven Romance for Violin, Ysaye concerto for string quartet and orchestra, Haydn Symphony 85 and a three-part ballet to the music of Bach, Barber and Mozart. Our orchestra will share the stage with soloist Michael Sutton, violinist for the Minnesota Orchestra and Amaranth, an all-female string quartet from San Francisco. The ballet features the talented local dancers of the Lake Tahoe Dance Collective in works choreographed by Stephen Straub Srtaub and Erik Wagner. LTDC Artistic Director Christin Hanna and her stage partner Damien Johnson (Ballet Black) will also perform. Bring a picnic and low backed chair. Gate opens at 5pm - concert begins at 6pm. Tickets $35, children under 12 Free. Located at 15888 S Shore Drive, Truckee, CA 96161.
- Saturday, August 19, Gatekeepers Museum, Tahoe City. The tall pines surrounding the Gatekeeper’s Museum are the back drop for the Academy Orchestras performance of Beethoven Romance for Violin, Ysaye concerto for string quartet and orchestra, and Haydn Symphony 85, featuring guest artists Michael Sutton, violinist for the Minnesota Symphony and Amaranth, an all-female string quartet from San Francisco. The talented dancers of the Lake Tahoe Dance Collective will present a 3-part ballet to the Academy Orchestra’s music of Bach, Barber and Mozart. The works are choreographed by Stephen Straub and Erik Wagner. In addition LTDC Artistic Director Christin Hanna will perform with her stage partner Damien Johnson (Ballet Black). Bring a Picnic and low backed chair. Gate opens at 5pm - concert begins at 6pm. Tickets $35, children under 12 Free. Located at 130 W Lake Blvd., Tahoe City, CA 96145.
Sunday, August 20, Gray's Crossing, Truckee. A sumptuous dinner buffet will be included in the ticket price for the final performance of the 2017 Lake Tahoe Music Festival. The Academy Orchestra led by conductor, Timm Rolek will perform a Mozart violin concerto and serenade for string quartet and orchestra, plus Haydn Symphony 91. Minnesota Symphony violinist, Michael Sutton and Amaranth, a San Francisco all-female string quartet will highlight the evening. Gate opens a 4:00 concert starts at 5:00 dinner at 6:00pm. Tickets are $65.00 and includes dinner. Wine Corkage fee or Full Bar Available. Located at 11406 Henness Rd., Truckee, CA 96161.
ONLINE Tickets Available until 3pm same day of Concert.
Same Day Tickets, after 3pm available at GATE (Cash or Check only)
This activity is handicap accessible. NO REFUNDS. ALL SALES FINAL.
BUY NOW - see calendar dates top Right.
Offered By: Lake Tahoe Music Festival
Categories: entertainment, events
Leave a comment if you have a review or feedback.